The Lunar League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Pokemon to Stellar Heights!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2DragVoltTurn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Omega
Owners
Omega

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:43 pm

2DragVoltTurn!
From Roxas

Hello friends, it's been a while since I've written an RMT on almost anything. I've become bored recently, and went to a few places to battle, and I've been needing to make a few new teams, and one of them is a Duo Dragon Volt Turn team (as the name I gave it because of reasons I'll get into in a moment).

The name "2DragVoltTurn" is basically a 2Drag4Mag and a VoltTurn team mixed together (see what I did there with the name?). It uses the Volt Switch/U-turn specialty, along with two strong dragons to utilize a fun, quick paced (depending on the opponent) battle since that's what I've been into lately. This team was made while Genesect was still allowed to use in Wifi OU, however since it's allowed in Dream World, that's what this team's tier is.

Now, a cool song I've been listening to lately (always gotta have a song, ya know? Music is my heart man) has been "The Sharpest Lives" by My Chemical Romance. The lyrics "The sharpest lives are the deadlist to lead" sorta makes sense into this seeing as some of the sharpest and main pokemon on the team, are defeated quickly (BECAUSE I'M A HORRIBLE BATTLER LOL). So in a sense, the sharpest lives being the deadlist to lead, ties into my two Dragons.

Onto the team:
2DragVoltTurn 381 - 2DragVoltTurn 649 - 2DragVoltTurn 479-wash - 2DragVoltTurn 645-therian - 2DragVoltTurn 612 - 2DragVoltTurn 462

Building Process:
2DragVoltTurn 381
In the process of building this team (I know right, I normally never add a process onto my RMTs) I thought "What two dragons would be interesting to see on the team, and then what could possibly help back them up, and what pokemon can cover the other pokemon's weakness?". Since I knew the idea of the team (not the Pokemon yet) I knew that I needed two dragon type Pokemon, and four other pokemon to be able to spin around setting up and clearing a path for the two dragons. So I first thought of my first Dragon, Latios. I haven't used my favorite Dragon type in a LONG time, and he's been showing up a lot lately, so I thought "Hm... Maybe Latios would be good for this." and so far he has.

2DragVoltTurn 3812DragVoltTurn 649
Then I thought, "Well damn, now I'd need a Turner to keep the opposing team in wonder." and since Genesect was one of the main pokemon dominating the Wifi/OU tier lately, I thought I'd give my old pal a try out on this team (because who uses Scizor over Genesect anyway? *shot*). I told myself, Genesect has good speed, Special Attack, Attack, and is amazing with a Scarf, so let's go for it.

2DragVoltTurn 3812DragVoltTurn 6492DragVoltTurn 479-wash
Now, with Rotom-W, I decided to use a bulky attacker instead of a Choice Specs/Scarf, because Rotom-W has some good bulk and is really strong in Special attack, and granted it's speed is something to be a bit more desired, it's still pretty amazing. I also had thought "Well fuck, now I need a Volt Turner to *snicker* turn and bolt out" and the first thing that came to mind was Rotom-W.

2DragVoltTurn 3812DragVoltTurn 6492DragVoltTurn 479-wash2DragVoltTurn 645-therian
After that I realized, I have No hazards. A good team can always benefit from hazards, am I right? Well, I wanted some-what fast U-turner, and it had to have good attack. So I thought of Landorus, then after thinking some, I thought of the Therian forme. I chose the Therian forme over the Incarnate forme, not only for its attack, but its ability as well. Being able to slice an opposing Pokemon's attack in half is good when it comes to Physical attackers (the pokemon that comes to mind is my favorite, Breloom). Now, granted the Incarnate forme is better in some ways, it's full potential is better used for a SandStorm team in my eyes. So once I set my Therian in place, I thought of something "What do I need to use with him?". Then it hit me, his attack pivot. Two really strong moves, plus a hazard, along with U-turn is/was a good idea to me.

2DragVoltTurn 3812DragVoltTurn 6492DragVoltTurn 479-wash2DragVoltTurn 645-therian2DragVoltTurn 612
As the team started to look like it's almost done, I thought "Well shit, now I need my second Dragon". I kept thinking for a while on different options, then remembered on an old 2Drag4Mag team, I had used Haxorus on it and when someone swapped in a Rotom-W against it (I was choice banded on EQ), I remembered Mold Breaker and either 2HKO or OHKO'd the Rotom. When I thought of Haxorus then, I thought of using the same set because it's strength was amazing. I keep thinking "Maybe I should change to a scarf to give him more speed" but then I looked at the 648 attack and cast the thought away.

2DragVoltTurn 3812DragVoltTurn 6492DragVoltTurn 479-wash2DragVoltTurn 645-therian2DragVoltTurn 6122DragVoltTurn 462
Now for the last pokemon, I needed a trapper and I've gotten bored of using the same old Dugtrio for ever trapper. So I thought "Magnezone". I've been using one of Rick's teams (Sorry bud, but I liked Grimaniel Razz) and he had a Magnezone on there and I LOVED it. Choice Specs gives it an amazing special attack, which is really excellent on Mag. Plus, it can trap pokemon such as Heatran, Scizor, Skarmory, and Genesect, so that's a bonus. And to add onto it, it has Volt Switch, which gives me the second VoltTurner I need for my team (plus it becomes super effective against a Skarmory Razz).

Importable:
Code:
Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
The team in detail:

First up is, Latios:
2DragVoltTurn 381 (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Ok, so, my first choice was and is Latios with Specs. The reason being is because sure, Latios with a scarf is faster, but with Max special attack, his SpA goes beyond expectations with 528 SpA. It's speed could be desired there, however I wanted to max out with as much Special Attack as I can (besides, Speed won't help much against a normal Tyranitar, more SpA and Surf will). Now on the moves, Draco Meteor is Latios's main move due to its amazing power (with a saddening draw back), and can crush a lot of different Pokemon. Surf is to take on the aformentioned Tyranitar, as well as different Fire types (coughheatrancough) and any Landorus as well as the occasional Volcarona. Hidden Power [Fire] is used mainly against opposing steel types (such as Scizor, Genesect, etc) that don't resist fire type moves (Heatran) although, it would be outsped by Genesect and perhaps Scizor. Trick is to cripple other pokemon by swapping the item in hopes of being able to be more free.

Next up, Genesect:
2DragVoltTurn 649 @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
The Genesect here is a CLASSIC. It's basically the only Genesect set I know how to use (mainly because I'm too lazy to check out different sets xD). Genesect gives certain pokemon coverage (mainly Landorus, Latios, and Haxorus, however it helps Rotom as well because Genesect resists Grass moves) from Ice moves. It has a crippling, yet speedful Choice Scarf so it can outsped most anything (assuming the opposing pokemon hasn't been baton passed/has Speed Boost/used speed raising moves). Ice Beam hits the dominating Dragons and The Flying Trio (I believe they're known as the Tao Trio, correct me if I'm wrong), and the unsuspecting Venusaur. Flamethrower is to get rid of trapping pokemon (Magnezone mainly) and any other steels that don't resist fire type moves, as well as other grass type pokemon (Seriously though, how many grass types are in OU? Like... 2?). U-turn is to keep the team flowing constantly and hit psychic types and dark types, as well as keeping them in their place. Thunderbolt is to knock out Tornadus, Skarmory, and other water or flying types basically.

Third in the team: Rotom-W
2DragVoltTurn 479-wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SAtk / 176 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Ok so, Rotom-W here uses its bulk to withstand some attacks, and being able to retaliate with the selected moves, or it can revenge kill with Volt Switch or Hydro Pump. Leftovers keeps its health up (as you all obviously know). Volt Switch to hit any water or flying types, and keeps my team going and going. Hydro Pump takes care of pokemon like Dugtrio, Ninetales, other ground/fire/ types. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple/burn pokemon that can cause some harm to Rotom. Pain Split is so Rotom can be nice and share the pain it feels from the opposing Pokemon (I generally use Pain Split after Will-O-Wisp just in case of situations being Rotom is faster, but its HP went down a lot and burn only does a bit to it). Rotom is also used here as a safeguard against Pokemon trying to hit my Dragons or Landorus.

Taking the Fourth Slot: Landorus-T
2DragVoltTurn 645-therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
I chose Landorus-T, not only for its ability to halve the opponents attack, but to also set out my hazards, and knock off most fighting type moves, grass type moves, and definatly electric type moves. Now this Landorus-T set is a touch and go sort of thing. Stealth Rocks is to make SURE my Hazards get set out. Earthquake is Landorus's STAB move here, and deals some heavy damage to those Pokemon who can get hurt by Earthquake. U-turn is to obviously hit dark types and psychic types who could pose a powerful threat to my team, as well as laughing at the pokemon who thought of using an electric move against any of my Pokemon. Stone Edge is to knock out the flying types that don't resist it (so... Skarmory, lol).

My second Dragon: Haxorus
2DragVoltTurn 612 (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop
Ah Haxorus, an amazing attack if nothing else. This pokemon right here has a REALLY high attack thanks to Choice Band, although I wish it could be somewhat faster, but it has good enough attack to compensate for that. One Outrage is strong enough to like make a Salamence turn tail after pissing itself (lol, all joking aside). I chose Choice Band as its item because it really boosts Haxorus's attack, quite obviously. Outrage is to strike down other dragon types while severely hurting other pokemon that don't resist Dragon types. Earthquake hits the electric type Pokemon as well as Gengar (hehehe) due to its ability. So it sucks to be Rotom, Gengar, or Elektross in that situation. Brick Break is to severely hurt normal tanks, ice types, and dark types. Dual Chop is to cripple the Screens, and is a somewhat good dragon type move for Haxorus.

For the final position: Magnezone!
2DragVoltTurn 462
@ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Magnezone has to be one of my favorite steel types and electric types. Its ability Magnet Pull is awesome, and give it some rockin' [Choice] Specs, and its Special Attack goes soaring. I love Magnezone because I can kill some powerful Steel types (assuming I don't get killed first). Volt Switch is Magnezone's power move to keep swapping in and out. Hidden Power [Fire] is used to off the steel types that don't kill it (so basically, it won't last long, unless it's against Skarmory). Thunderbolt is Mag's hard hitter, used to off most flying types and water types. Flash Cannon is used to wipe out most ice types and gets a power boost from the Specs.

Last Glance at the Team:
2DragVoltTurn 381 - 2DragVoltTurn 649 - 2DragVoltTurn 479-wash - 2DragVoltTurn 645-therian - 2DragVoltTurn 612 - 2DragVoltTurn 462

Closing thoughts:
Well, I've made a 2.0/2.5/3.0 version of the team but it's in a trail mode right now and it's pretty good, but not as good as I'd hoped. The current team is weak to hazards because I neglected to put a spinner on there (it's what the 2.0 team made up for). I might edit this to add the 2.0 team in a spoiler tag or something, but other than that if you would like to see the different versions of the team just PM me. Other than that I like this team a lot.

-Signed
Roxas/Paradox

Last edited by Dimentio on Tue May 28, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:45 pm

10/10
Back to top Go down
Misora
Owners
Misora

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:49 pm

HURR DURRR
JOO USING UBERS U DUMMY

HURR HURR JOO SAWK AT DIS GAEM

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://thelunarleague.board-directory.net
Omega
Owners
Omega

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:51 pm

You like it because when I made it, you got murdered :3
Back to top Go down
Misora
Owners
Misora

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:52 pm

I don't recall .-.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Owners
Omega

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Maybe it was someone else I murdered...
Back to top Go down
Nikolai

Nikolai

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:05 pm

You gonna get killed if you keep killing
~ The Popo
Back to top Go down
Omega
Owners
Omega

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:23 pm

I know this xD
Back to top Go down
Aomine Daiki

Aomine Daiki

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:13 am

Genesect= Uber thats all I got to say....
Back to top Go down
Omega
Owners
Omega

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:58 am

Itzel wrote:
Genesect= Uber thats all I got to say....
Don't comment useless comments unless you read all the information in the RMT. Obviously you did not.
Back to top Go down
Misora
Owners
Misora

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:46 am

Come on, I even made a joke about someone saying it xD
Back to top Go down
Omega
Owners
Omega

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:46 am

However, you added a spoiler saying the team was good and I know you read the full RMT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2DragVoltTurn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2DragVoltTurn   2DragVoltTurn Empty

Back to top Go down

2DragVoltTurn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lunar League :: Community Fun! :: Pokemon RMT's-
Jump to: